Wednesday, May 30, 2007 by Ospite.


I've been out of the Trattoria for 5 days. We spent the weekend running around Connecticut, singing for a friend's wedding...which was fabulous.

But the downside to time off is that it takes awhile for my head to get back in the game. I woke up with the alarm this morning, wandered over to the Mac to check my email, showered, and sat back down at the Mac to watch Entourage.

I rarely wake up with ample time to do other things besides shower and breakfast before work. Today was no exception.

I was trying to figure out why I was up so early after going to bed at 3am when it dawned on me, I went back to work today. I ran, got dressed, grabbed the keys and ran out the door. Normally I keep a couple ties and my apron in the car so I don't have to worry about them during my half-asleep morning routine. I have cleaned my car completely before the trip and there was nothing in the backseat. I also realized I was wearing my prescription sunglasses, having left my regular glasses on my desk.

I turned around halfway through the commute, retrieved the items and was almost there when I got the call from work: "We're out of milk, can you pick some up on your way in?"

They hadn't noticed I was late, nor did they seem to care. I immediately slowed down now that the mad dash to work was unnecessary. Milk procured, I wandered in still not quite awake. Thank God lunch was not a heavy rush. Now hopefully dinner will be slow too...

3 Comments:

Blogger 6th Floor blog said...

Ahh vacation. It's funny that a clean car slowed you down ;-)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

6 weeks til my holiday! Three nights in Madrid 7 in Seville. MMMMMMMMMMMMM Cant wait.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I hear you. I got back from vacation a couple days ago, and I'm still not back in working mode...

Steve
Liqour Store Stories

7:26 PM  

« Home | Post a Comment »

At your service, Ospite

I am not in the restaurant business, I am in the people business. I use every opportunity to people watch, because to me, even the most mundane is fascinating.

lackluster profile

Powered by Blogger |