Sunday, April 23, 2006 by Ospite.


Greetings one and all. I offer my apologies for the once-a-week posting behavior. Fear not. I am alive...though sick. Fever, and other ailments have pounded my body for the past couple of days. For those of you afraid of getting sick this time of year, take a serious look at: Airborne. One day into my whater-it-was cold thing, I crawled to my car and purchased some.

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much, but I was proven wrong...and gladly so. First, let's start with the taste...basically like watered-down Tang. Doesn't taste bad. Next, the effects. Rathr dramatic. Drop the thing in water, let it dissolve then pound the drink full of "seven Herbal Extracts, Antioxidants, Electrolytes, and Amino Acids, offers maximum vitamin and herbal support for hours! Plus it has natural ginger component which helps fight nausea." Getting hit with 1,670% of your daily recommended value of vitamin C will clear out your system. Here's a list of ingredients for the original flavor:

AIRBORNE Original: ingredients.
Supplement Facts: Serv size 1 tablet. Servings, 10. Amount per serving: Calories 5, Total Fat 0g, Sodium 230mg (10% DV*), Total Carb 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 0g. Vitamin A (Palmitate) 5,000 I.U. (100% DV*), Vitamin C 1,000mg (1,670% DV*), Vitamin E (Acetate) 30 I.U. (100% DV*), Riboflavin 2.8mg (170% DV*), Magnesium (Oxide & Sulfate) 40mg (10% DV*), Zinc (Sulfate) 8mg (55% DV*), Selenium (Amino Acid Chelate) 15mcg (20% DV*), Manganese (Gluconate) 3mg (150% DV*), Potassium 75mg (2% DV*), Proprietary Blend of Maltodextrin, Lonicera, Forsythia, Schizonepeta, Ginger, Chinese Vitex, Isatis Root, Echinacea 350mg (DV**), Amino Acids (Glutamine as L-Glutamine, Lysine as L-Lysine HCl) 50mg (DV**).
*Daily Value.

Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sorbitol, Potassium Bicarbonate, Natural & Artificial Orange Flavor, Mineral Oil, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.


Thanks for keeping up and see you all again on Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

My mother swears by Airbourn, but I have to admit, once you get past the taste, it does work quite well.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

10:01 AM  

« Home | Post a Comment »

At your service, Ospite

I am not in the restaurant business, I am in the people business. I use every opportunity to people watch, because to me, even the most mundane is fascinating.

lackluster profile

Powered by Blogger |