Monday, December 18, 2006 by Ospite.


They strolled through the door soon after the dinner rush was done and there was just a dribble through the door. Rosy cheeks, fur-lined collar, big black boots, snow white beard offset by the crimson suit. His wife was more casually attired. The Clauses had arrived. The host walked them straight back to my section.

As he passed me, he said, "I figured if anyone could have fun with them, it'd be you."

Ironic that I never believed in Santa.

I did a typical greet as I would anyone else, except this time, every eye in the place was watching my table...especially the little kids. You could see the astonishment on their faces. He was actually eating here. Of course, on some level, I think it shattered their reality, just a little bit. Here he is, The Man, The Myth, The Legend... and more than a week before Christmas.

Mrs. Claus is a bit of a picky eater, but nothing we couldn't handle. Besides, she was remarkably jovial the whole time. Kris Kringle himself was surprisingly laid back, and far less energetic than I expected. He was real chill. It was a pleasant evening in general and they wre a joy to wait on. I'm hoping for some good gifts in my stocking this year,

Santa's drink? Magic Hat #9

Santa's tip? 25%

2 Comments:

Blogger Calitri said...

At least Santa has good taste in beer.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really good taste in beer.

8:32 PM  

« Home | Post a Comment »

At your service, Ospite

I am not in the restaurant business, I am in the people business. I use every opportunity to people watch, because to me, even the most mundane is fascinating.

lackluster profile

Powered by Blogger |