Sunday, October 21, 2007 by Ospite.


So I've compiled all my eLife into one webpage finally. My personal page has photoalbums, my music, and...a blog.

Since I'm writing less and less about the restaurant, I'm considering swithing this straight over to my personal blog. It would show my real name, but that's it. No home address, no phone numbers, none of that.

I would be more inclined to post regularly if I didn't care about the topic, and if I had viewer comments letting me know who's still reading. The day to day posts would include just about everything from restaurant to music to anything. I still change names of work people and also would enver give out the names of people I work with, for their sake.

So what I am wondering is: would you select list of 500ish daily readers go to that blog every day instead of this one? Would it lose the magic if it wasn't entirely anonymous...if you had a face for The Waiter?

Let me know your thoughts...

23 Comments:

Blogger 6th Floor blog said...

I'd come read. I don't name or face really changes anyway, and I'm sure I'd forget it by the time I clicked away anyway.

The real question is, "Is your daily life interesting enough to blog about?" ;-)

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd still read. I don't read it just for the "foodie" writing.

6:12 AM  
Blogger xtine said...

I'd read it. Happily.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I'd still read.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Willow said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd read!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I would read it. :)

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd read it.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still would read the blog, resturant or no.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stop by because of your writing style, and point of view. The subject is mostly irrevelent. Keep writing! :-)

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd read it for sure

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ellis Johnson said...

I'd read it.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Post away man. Showing your name will make no difference.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd read.....

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go fo it....It would be nice to hear from you more often.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 2nd (3ed, 4th...) the 'go for it' sentiment. It is your great writing that keeps me coming back :-)

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'd definitely read!!!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, I would keep on reading.

7:26 AM  
Blogger INNER VOICES said...

wait a minute... did you not read the seventy comments on your septembers post about the same topic? people will read and follow you to your new blog. we dont give a flying brick if its about food and wine or if its about mood and whine... we love your writing and story telling! go get on with it and lets enjoy the show!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good writer is always worth reading, no matter what the topic. As I've always come here to read a good writer, I'll certainly be willing to go there as well. ***makes note to self to update "recommended blogs" section on own webpage at the appropriate time***

11:02 AM  
Blogger christopher said...

You'll still have a loyal reader in me.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll still read... but I'll have to do it from home. The firewall at my office is blocking your other page for some reason.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Yup. Here now, there later. Still reading.

8:18 PM  

« Home | Post a Comment »

At your service, Ospite

I am not in the restaurant business, I am in the people business. I use every opportunity to people watch, because to me, even the most mundane is fascinating.

lackluster profile

Powered by Blogger |